Practice, Practice, Practice!

Practice puts brains in your muscles.

Sam Snead

I have been neglecting my watercolor practice lately, so it was nice to get a little time with it this weekend. While these pictures still aren’t close to those of the YouTube instructor, I am fairly pleased with how they turned out. I still need more work with blending colors and choosing those that fit well together, but I know in time it will come. I generally like my paintings better after I set them aside for a bit ๐Ÿ˜‰

Practice is the best of all instructors.

Publilius Syrus

About Beth W.

I try to look for the positive in the people and situations I come in contact with! I believe in the power of positive thinking and I believe that even challenging circumstances can be learning experiences if we have a positive mindset! I'm having fun blogging at: http://picturingpositive.com
This entry was posted in accomplishment, creativity, persevere, watercolor practice and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to Practice, Practice, Practice!

1. kagould17 says:

If those results are from a lack of practice, wow. Good work Beth. We all need to find time for what makes us happy. Thanks for sharing. Allan

• Beth W. says:

Thank you Allan๐Ÿ˜Š I give total credit to the YouTube tutors! You should see their work!! ๐Ÿคฉ My watercolors frustrate me sometimes, but ultimately they do make me very happy ๐Ÿ˜Š Thanks for another very nice comment! ๐Ÿ˜Š

2. Great to see you back painting Beth.

3. Wow! I really like your paintings, especially the one with the purple flowers!

4. Goff James says:

Beautiful. Sometimes a break away helps sharpen the act of creativity.

5. janieleeds says:

Wow! You’re so talented Beth! They’re beautiful! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Beth W. says:

You are too kind, Janie! ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿงก The teachers on YouTube make it look so effortless, but not so for me. ๐Ÿ˜„ Someday, with much more practice, I hope to be able to know the colors better and to be able to just sit and paint without feeling the need for a tutorial. ๐Ÿ˜„ I truly appreciate your kind encouragement! โค

6. Great watercolor designs – thanks for following my blog

7. I like your painting Keep going you are doing great๐Ÿ’—

8. usfman says:

You got the flower look down well. What could you add to each painting background?

What do you think? Thanks for visiting! Have a positive, productive day!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s