Me time! ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿงก

Life has been crazy here lately to say the least. I was very grateful on Thursday for a day off from taxi duty, even though I did have to work. My girls are wonderful, but the additional driving, not so much. I knew it would be busy when I signed up, so I will just try to make the most of it. Having not been a “sports Mom” before, I wasn’t prepared for the insanity, er, dedication the coaches have for these sports.

I took advantage of my “free night” Thursday to dust off my watercolors and to do a little more practice. I found a YouTube tutorial and gathered some leaves from outside for additional inspiration. I was fairly happy with the results, but adding some quotes later really finished them off very nicely!

Taking some time for myself to be creative is essential for me. I admire very much those folks who can be on the run all the time and daresay even enjoy it. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I am not cut from that cloth, however, and am already eagerly anticipating the holiday breaks, although something tells me those crazy coaches might not think these kiddos need holidays from practice. ๐Ÿ˜…

Since my weekends are still mostly free, I slept in until almost 9 and then got up and made monster cookies. ๐Ÿช. Because I like them too much, I only allow myself to make them once or twice a year. There is something almost therapeutic, though, mixing the ingredients, scooping the dough onto the cookie sheet, baking them and moving them from the sheet to the cooling rack. Even though I know they won’t be here very long, there is a great feeling of satisfaction seeing the finished products.

Monster cookies! Yummy!

So what I learned from this week is that I need to find moments of downtime to rest and recharge so I am ready for the business of daily life. ๐Ÿ˜…

Do you need downtime too or are you one who loves a packed schedule? I’d love to hear. โค Thanks for reading and may your life be just the right mix of activity and downtime for you! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ˜Š

About Beth W.

I try to look for the positive in the people and situations I come in contact with! I believe in the power of positive thinking and I believe that even challenging circumstances can be learning experiences if we have a positive mindset! I'm having fun blogging at: http://picturingpositive.com
This entry was posted in accomplishment, Baking, watercolor practice and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Me time! ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿงก

1. Beautiful paintings! Glad you had some quiet time to yourself. The cookies look delicious. I’m getting ready to start baking for the holidays. I only bake once a year because I eat everything I bake ๐Ÿ˜‚ My schedule is always packed so I make sure to schedule time for me to create. Helps me to keep my sanity. Have a wonderful weekend ๐Ÿ’–

• Beth W. says:

Thank you Maria! ๐Ÿ˜Š I love all of your work. I am glad you take time for yourself because you make beautiful creations. โค I 100% agree about the baking. It is hard to resist those special goodies. ๐Ÿ˜… I hope your weekend is wonderful as well. ๐Ÿ˜Š

2. kagould17 says:

Quiet time is important for mental health. Sometimes, I think we have too much quiet time here, but I am OK with that. Stay well Beth. Allan

• Beth W. says:

Thank you Allan! I definitely need my quiet time. The last year I had an abundance, maybe even an overabundance of it, so that might be why all the running is a bit overwhelming. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I just have to remember that, as with everything, this too shall pass. In the meantime, I will cherish the quiet moments when I get them. ๐Ÿ˜Š Take care and thank you for the nice comment! ๐Ÿ˜Š

3. Love these paintings and those cookies look delicious ๐Ÿ˜‹

4. usfman says:

Well I slow down whenever I feel the need to be creative. I wish that in the autumnless climate of South Florida, I actually saw fall leaves like your painting in any form.

• Beth W. says:

I absolutely agree that putting time limits on creative endeavors does not improve the quality of the results. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I look forward to having a little more free time again one of these days! ๐Ÿ˜„ I do love the changing colors of Fall, but would love Florida weather during the cold winters!! ๐Ÿฅถ ๐Ÿ˜„

5. usfman says:

You and millions of other tourists feel the same about Florida in winter.

6. Adelheid says:

Me time is really important. I write, draw or just watch Japanese cartoons to de-stress from the busyness of work. And my daughter keeps me company. Glad to have found this site, though a bit late.

• Beth W. says:

Thank you so much for visiting and for leaving such a nice, thoughtful comment. ๐Ÿ˜Š It is definitely good for the soul to take some time for ourselves. I’m very glad you have some great outlets! ๐Ÿ˜

What do you think? Thanks for visiting! Have a positive, productive day!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s