For the past two months, we have been struggling with the tub surround in the upstairs bathroom. We realized there was a problem when water started dripping into the basement bathroom, located directly below this one. I think it has been going on for quite some time, but since it hasn’t gotten the chance to dry between showers now that there are more of us using it, we realized what was happening. The tiles were loose in spots and had not been caulked in many years, I’m sure. That combined with the fact that the sheetrock behind the tiles was not the type that resists mold and mildew made for a moldy mess.
Over the course of several days, the old tile came out, the correct sheetrock was installed and finally the tub surround panels were put in. It is such an amazing transformation and I am in awe of my honey’s handyman skills! As Jean de La Fontaine so aptly says in the quote above, one knows the workman by the work. Judging from the completed project, my sweetheart is amazing!!