Thank God for the Givers!

There are two kinds of people in the world: givers and takers.

The takers may eat better, but the givers sleep better.

Marlo Thomas

The world is made up of givers and takers. At some time we have all given and at others, we have been the recipient of generous gifts. The gifts given by those in the “giver” column are not always physical, tangible gifts. The gift of a moment of time, a listening ear, a reassuring hug, a kind smile or words of wisdom might be worth more than any physical gift.

One more thing in my garden to bring me joy! โค

While some days it might seem like there are more takers, more of those who wish to point out our failings or to extinguish our inner spark, I truly believe there are more givers than takers in the world. I know many of these givers personally and I count myself quite fortunate that I do.

When we experience the generosity and kindness that these givers bestow on us, I think it is only fair that we let them know what a difference they make and how grateful we are for their presence in our lives.

I was fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of the kindness of some of these givers today. My sister and her husband allowed me to tag along on their hike this morning. It was a glorious day for it and so much nicer than my usual walk around the block After they dropped me off, my wonderful Aunt and Uncle created an adorable little staircase for my gnome in the apple tree. It is the most wonderful creation and I am delighted with it!

I already know that when these givers read this post, they will possibly think that their actions weren’t that special. This is because as givers, they think nothing of doing for others. It is just a part of their character and comes as naturally as breathing.

For me, however, being able to get out and enjoy nature today and to have a new feature in my yard meant the world to me. It brightened my day and inspired me to try to bring that brightness to others as well.

Not a single one of us is promised tomorrow. When we have these givers in our lives, we need to celebrate them and to let them know how much they mean to us. So, this is me saying a huge, heartfelt thank you to my four givers today as well as ALL the givers who have made my world a more special place.

Love, Beth โค

About Beth W.

I try to look for the positive in the people and situations I come in contact with! I believe in the power of positive thinking and I believe that even challenging circumstances can be learning experiences if we have a positive mindset! I'm having fun blogging at: http://picturingpositive.com
This entry was posted in happiness, Nature, thankfulness and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Thank God for the Givers!

1. Looks like great day to be with family
    .the doggy looks so sweet.

• Beth W. says:

It was a beautiful day and a nice break from the heat we have had lately! ๐Ÿ˜Š Romeo is a cutie and can be sweet, but he is pretty yappy, especially around people he doesn’t know. ๐Ÿ˜„ Thanks so much for reading and for the nice comment. Hope your weekend has been great! ๐Ÿ˜Š

2. This is amazing. The dwarf, the little pup. What a happy blog

3. Candace says:

Beautifully written as usual. You always make me think and appreciate. โค๏ธ

4. Such a beautiful post! It reminds me of a tradition my children and I started years ago. The short version is simply, we collect random gifts through out the year ( books, gifts won at baby showers, etc). During Christmas we wrap them in white paper w/ a tiny book that hangs on the wall & people who come visit, neighbors, or random people that simply need to know they’re thought of, gets a gift when the write a statement of what they’re thankful for that year. Some people never get gifts or spend holidays alone and are never thought of. This has had a huge impact in uplifting spirits. It’s also a reminder for my kids & now grandchildren to reflect back on the reminder that there’s always something to be thankful for, have faith & stay hopeful. It’s a great feeling for us to witness the joy on faces. I know you weren’t talking about giving “things” necessarily, this is simply what came to mind initially while reading your lovely post. Thanks for sharing!

• Beth W. says:

What a lovely tradition!! How awesome to have the book with all the collected thankfulness thoughts. That must be a great thing to read through on those days when it’s hard to find the good. That is such a wonderful idea. Gifts of physical things can be so special, especially to those who don’t get very much โค I can tell that you are most definitely one of the givers โค Thank you so much for reading and for the wonderful comment! ๐Ÿ™‚

5. Irene says:

Adorable and the quote is so true. ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Beth W. says:

Thank you! ๐Ÿ™‚ My Aunt is incredibly creative! She can find an idea and figure out a way to create it with some help from my Uncle! I’m loving having them here! Thanks for visiting! I love return visits from kind people! Have a wonderful day! ๐Ÿ™‚

6. janieleeds says:

What a beautiful post Beth! Love the subject and the photos! You and your pup are adorable! I am glad you have such a giving Aunt and Uncle. Good for you! Enjoy every moment of their visit! ๐Ÿ’—

7. Beth W. says:

Thank you so much Janie๐Ÿ˜Š I am so grateful for all the kind, giving people like my Aunt and Uncle and like you! I do so appreciate your kind words and encouraging comments! ๐Ÿ˜Š

8. What a beautiful, joyful post! Love the gnome staircaseโค

9. What a nice post! Iโ€™m glad I came across it. Spending time with family in nature is the best and that gnome staircase is awesome! You are lucky to be surrounded by such great people! Have a wonderful weekend. ๐Ÿ˜

• Beth W. says:

Thank you Suzanne! ๐Ÿ˜Š I just love the little staircase too! My Aunt and Uncle are the best!! I wish you a wonderful weekend as well! ๐Ÿ˜Š

What do you think? Thanks for visiting! Have a positive, productive day!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s