What a difference!

A new watercolor creation that captures my current mood. ❤

One year ago today, I could not have foreseen the events that would unfold.  Exactly a year ago today, I tested positive for Covid, was dealing with mind games and threats from my narcissist ex and was feeling defeated, dejected and so alone. A month later, with the help of a wonderful therapist, I was able to begin to see what a toxic relationship I had been in and that being alone was so much better than that. I found the core of who I am and the confidence to make it on my own if I needed to.

The months that followed found me doing a lot of work in the new/old house and in the yard. Weekly therapy sessions were incredibly helpful. When I commit to something, I give it my all and therapy was no different. I journaled my little heart out and was upfront and honest. I came to realize that though I have my faults, like everyone, I did not deserve to be treated the way I had been.

I regained the self-confidence that had been worn down in the course of that relationship. I was comfortable in my own skin again and was given the green light from my therapist to spread my wings and to get back to living again. ❤

The thought of being in another relationship was scary, and I set my goal far into the future. I decided that I would start dating again when my divorce had been final for a year….March 30, 2022. Well, you know what they say about best laid plans. 😉💕😉

Along the way, I found joy in my friends and family, in my yard. and in my drawing and newly obtained skill of watercolor painting. Finding happiness in my own pursuits is what I believe allowed me to be open to the relationship that I found and am building with my new sweetheart.

Thinking of all the wonderful, kind people in my life inspired this zentangle. ❤😊❤

Gone is the anxiety that plagued me in my previous relationship. I no longer have to feel like I am walking on eggshells and to feel like I will never be good enough. With my new beau, I am relaxed and comfortable. The thought of seeing him makes me happy, not anxious, and I never feel like he will judge me and find me lacking. He is incredibly thoughtful and kind.

I enjoyed trying this new technique with my watercolors. I really like the results! 💙

I think the purpose of this post is to give hope to anyone out there feeling hopeless and alone. There is light at the end of the tunnel. A year ago, I felt mired in sadness and hopelessness. Today I feel hopeful and happy. I am excited to see what the future brings. I did the work to be happy with myself and along the way I found a special someone 💕

What a difference a year makes! ❤ I am wishing all of you joy and happiness in the year ahead of us. 💕😊💕.

Love, Beth ❤

About Beth W.

I try to look for the positive in the people and situations I come in contact with! I believe in the power of positive thinking and I believe that even challenging circumstances can be learning experiences if we have a positive mindset! I'm having fun blogging at: http://picturingpositive.com
This entry was posted in Carpe Diem, creativity, Dating, feelings, happiness, independence, Let it go, Love Yourself, moving on, relationships, watercolor practice and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to What a difference!

1. kagould17 says:

A year is but a step away and yet a lifetime ago. So many people never take that first step. Glad all is well Beth. Allan

2. cheriewhite says:

“What a difference a year makes” – Absolutely! I’m so happy for you, Beth. You deserve a partner that treats you well and makes you happy and it sounds like you’ve found that partne. And your watercolor paintings are beautiful and I love the messages in them. I so agree with the part of becoming happy with yourself and in taking up your own pursuits before you can meet someone special and be happy with them too. I’m so proud of how far you’ve come and I wish you more blessings and happiness in the future! 💖💐🕊

• Beth W. says:

Oh Cherie, you are so kind! ❤ I am always inspired by your posts. I am certainly much happier than I was and I have learned to appreciate simple kindnesses so much more❤ Thank you so much for taking the time to read and for the very sweet comment! Blessings and happiness to you as well! ❤😊❤

3. cheriewhite says:

Oops! Pardon the typo! 😁😁😁

4. Laura Kate says:

Good for you. I’m so happy that you are happy. It looks like you have discovered how to manipulate watercolor by blowing through a straw! Sweet pictures.

• Beth W. says:

Thank you Laura Kate! 😊 Yes, I am thankful for those talented people that share tips on YouTube. 😉 I watched a tutorial with some glorious creations made with that technique, and I couldn’t wait to give it a try. Hers was much more controlled, but I’ll get there eventually. 😉 Thanks for the very kind comment! ❤

5. I’m so glad everything has worked out for you Beth! Life is certainly challenging but like you said, there’s always the light at the end of tunnel that we need to keep our eyes on. Art is such good therapy, love your paintings 💖😍💖

• Beth W. says:

Thank you so much, Maria! 😊 Art is definitely amazing therapy. Easy to get lost in the latest creation. 😊 I truly love all your art.💕 So uplifting and inspiring. ❤😊❤

What do you think? Thanks for visiting! Have a positive, productive day!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s